What are dark spots?
Acne has been a nightmare for women from time immemorial. If that wasn’t enough already, it sometimes goes the extra distance and leaves marks on your face leaving your face looking like a war zone. What exactly are these dark spots? How do you get rid of them?
What causes dark spots on face?
Dark spots can occur due to a variety of reasons. The most common ones are hyper pigmentation and hormonal imbalance. When the skin gets damaged in a particular area it creates excess melanin to mitigate the cell damage. This leads to the growth of dark patches in that area which we term as dark spots.
Dark spots also occur when a woman is going through hormonal changes, mostly due to pregnancy. Another classic reason is, as mentioned before, acne. It leaves scars on the face which takes time to fade. Sometimes, liver damage may also lead to the darkening of skin in certain areas on the face.
How to get rid of dark spots on your face?
So how do you get rid of dark spots? You need the right acne scar treatment home remedies.
There are advertisements all over the media regarding miraculous creams which make spots disappear in a week or in a fortnight. Truth be told, most of these creams do more damage to your skin for sure. So instead of buying overpriced creams because your favourite supermodel or actress asked you to, try these home based remedies using readily available products. They will not harm your skin and instead will actually leave your skin glowing naturally.
Shea Butter get rid of dark spots
Shea butter is one of the most popular remedies of skin problems for women. Many do not get the expected results but that is mainly due to lack of awareness regarding how to apply it.
There are plenty of benefits of shea butter.
- Instead of just reducing pigmentation it unifies skin colour and gives the skin a firm look.
- It reduces aging and keeps the skin fresh and keeps you away from botox.
- During pregnancy, use of Shea butter can effectively remove freckles and acne.
- It contains fatty acids which can penetrate the skin and also contains anti-bacterial agents to fight acne. This is considered to be a good acne scar treatment home remedies
However, there are quite a few varieties on offer in the market. Make sure that the Shea butter you buy is unrefined. It is rich in vitamins and has a high concentration.
Also, prefer fresher varieties of Shea butter as its efficiency decreases with time. So next time instead of splurging on beauty creams, invest in a grade A type of Shea butter and you will see it is highly effective for all sorts of skin treatment from skin burns to dark spots to stretch marks.
Lemon to get rid of dark spots
For particularly spots caused by acne, lemon water is extremely effective.
- The lemon juice should be mixed with honey and cider vinegar to make a potent solution. You could also add parsley to the solution and then strain it.
- This solution can then be dabbed on the dark spots using cotton balls for two weeks daily and you will see the spots fade away slowly.
- Once applied please leave the face for at least half an hour before washing it off with cool water.
The acid in the lemon exfoliates the skin thus removing the excess skin at the area. This is probably the easiest method that can be implemented at your home as you can find all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.